In 1855, a congregation established in 1762 by Swiss immigrants made this church in London’s Covent Garden its place of worship. Until well into the 1950s, the history of the narrow classicist building was marked by repeated destruction and renewal. At the beginning of the millennium, there appeared to be no way around yet another renovation. But this time, the measures necessary to maintain the listed building were also meant to comprehensively revitalize the Swiss Church. The brief stipulated that, in addition to fulfilling its original purpose as a House of God, the building should become a gathering place and cultural centre for the Swiss community. The architects responded by developing sensitive interventions which provide the conditions for the church’s new undertaking.